Acupuncture can often produce results faster than common medications, depending upon your condition.
However, it’s still important to try to get the most out of your treatment and commit to healing.
Here are some tips for ensuring that you receive the maximum benefits from your sessions.
BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT
- Keep an open mind. Positive energy speeds up any healing process
Refrain from alcohol and drugs (unless prescribed) for at least 12 hours before your session.
- Eat a light meal or snack, you don’t want to be starving but you also do not want to be overly full. Avoid greasy, heavy foods that could upset your stomach.
- Wear loose fitting clothes for comfort. Make sure the clothing can be rolled up so that the practitioner can reach all of the necessary acupuncture points, ankles, knees, belly and arms.
DURING YOUR TREATMENT
- If you are asked any questions , answer them honestly and completely. Don’t short change yourself by using answers you think the acupuncturist wants to hear or omitting bad habits. Some questions may seem irrelevant to your current condition, but keep in mind acupuncture is a holistic practice and deals with all aspects of your body, mind, and spirit. The most effective personalized treatment plan will come from honest answers and a comprehensive health history.
- Be sure to alert the acupuncturist about any other treatment you are currently receiving and any medications you are taking. Ask pertinent questions so that you feel confident and well-informed
- Once the needles are set, take the time to truly relax. A quick body scan starting at your feet and moving up to your shoulders and head will give you an opportunity to make sure your body is completely relaxed.
AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
- For the rest of the day after your acupuncture treatment I recommend that you avoid alcohol, stressful situations, caffeine, strenuous exercise and heavy or spicy meals,
- It’s fine to go to work, school, or other activities following treatment, but avoid overexerting yourself.
- Avoid strenuous activity and caffeine within a few hours of your treatment.
- You may feel tired after your session, so take it easy drink plenty of water and stay at a comfortable temperature
- Be realistic : There is no such thing as an instant cure it may take several sessions and some lifestyle changes
- After your first treatment allow yourself time to reflect, take notes on how you feel, bring them to your practitioner so any necessary adjustments can be made, at your next treatment.
- If you are extremely drowsy you must rest
If you have any questions that have not been answered here
please feel free to call me on 086 8381017