Before Your Acupuncture Treatment
- Keep an open mind. Positive energy speeds up any healing process
- Refrain from alcohol and drugs (unless they are prescribed) for at least 12 hours before your session.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes for comfort. Make sure your clothing can be rolled up so that all of the necessary acupuncture points, ankles, knees, belly and arms can be easily reached
- Eat a light meal or snack, you don’t want to be starving but you also do not want to be overly full. Avoid greasy, heavy foods that could upset your stomach.
During Your Acupuncture Treatment
You will be asked for a comprehensive health history. Your personalized treatment plan will come from your answers.
Some questions may seem irrelevant to your current condition, but keep in mind acupuncture is a holistic practice and deals with all aspects of your Body, Mind, and Spirit.
Be sure to let me know about any other treatment you are currently receiving and any medications you are taking.
Answer any questions honestly and completely. Don’t shortchange yourself by using answers you think the acupuncturist wants to hear or omitting bad habits.
Ask whatever questions you need so that you feel confident and well-informed
Once the needles are set, take the time to truly relax. I will take you through a quick body scan starting at your feet and moving up to your shoulders and head to give you an opportunity to experience total relaxation to make sure your body remembers what it feels like to be completely relaxed.
After Your Acupuncture Treatment
- To get the most from your treatment I recommend that for the rest of the day after your acupuncture treatment, that you avoid alcohol, stressful situations, caffeine, strenuous exercise, and heavy or spicy meals,
It’s fine to go to work, school, or other activities following treatment, but avoid overexerting yourself.
- Avoid strenuous activity and caffeine within a few hours of your treatment.
- You may feel tired after your session, so take it easy drink plenty of water and stay at a comfortable temperature
- Be realistic: There is no such thing as an instant cure it may take several sessions and some lifestyle changes
- After each of your treatments take some time to yourself to reflect, take notes on how you feel, bring them to your next acupuncture session so any necessary adjustments can be made, at your next treatment.
- If you are extremely drowsy you must rest.
Any questions about your Acupuncture Treatment
If you have any questions about your Acupuncture treatment that have not been answered here please feel free to call me on 086 8381017